Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Winding down

I am now in my last week here at Gulfway Assembly. People have asked me, "have you enjoyed your time here, and what did you learn?"

In regards to that first question, words cannot begin to express how much I have enjoyed my time in Gulf Shores. The people of this community, and in particular of Gulfway are some of the most incredible people I have ever had the honor of meeting and spending time with. They have all taught me so much about life, ministry, and some things about me. So now the question of what have I learned?

Wow! Where do I start? I think the first thing I learned was that the Lord deserves our absolute BEST! That involves being on time, doint what you say your going to do, and giving it your best in every situation. Even if you don't want to be in it. He gave us all He had in sending His son to die a brutal death for me on that tree. So it is only right I give it all right back to Him!

Next would be that ministry is so unpredictable! You can have your entire week ironed out right in front of you, create all the "to do" list you want, and in the snap of a finger. Every bit of it can change. There's a scripture I found to help me back this up. It's found in James 4:14-14 "
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town...V14,
yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."
Crazy when we think about it, that nothing we say is ever set in stone.

Another would be that, when you are faithful to the calling on your life, God is going to honor that and bless you. Every single time I have to give up something, whether it be money, time, sleep, or whatever it be. God blessed it all back and then some. The bible says "
'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much" Matthew 25:21.
I received that promise at the beginning of the summer, and it was very evident that I was in the will of th father being here. I have been blessed beyond what I could have ever imagined! A testimony of this would be the fact that I have paid bills since May. Everytime I thought I might be short, He provided. Everytime I doubted, He assured! Why? Because it's just a testimony of His goodness!

These are just a few of the things I have learned. You would be here all day reading the countless things I have learned. Just know that when you step out on a leap of faith, and are willing to sacrafice everything you know, God will honor that! Take it from me, some 20 year old he decided to use as a testimony to His goodness!

Thank you and God bless!

1 comment: